Friday, January 12, 2007

Rolling in the Aisles

Some months ago while on extended assignment in France, I posted a blog on some (unintentionally) funny items I regularly stumbled across in the supermarche'. (That's, supermarket to Les Americains). Well, I still have a pretty good backlog of these. So now, due to overwhelming popular demand...

You don't have to be tripping to find the humor in a typical market day here, but it doesn't hurt.
I think this is some kind of gummy candy.
You half expect to see ravers floating down the aisles
sucking pate' pacifiers and saying "J'taime, J'taime"
to complete strangers.







Of course, we all know how addictive those yummy, salty snacks can be, but we always though it was just the MSG. One sees many such "Crack-o-Snacks".



























Strictly speaking, this is not french, but British. At least the french always show you exactly what the food looks like (as we shall see)
But this stuff could be anything. "Mmmmm! can I have some more of the shiny green blob?!" And I'm glad to see we can still get the original formula. I never really cared for the Mushy BBQ
flavor or the zesty Mushy Mexican.








Sliding over to the frozen foods aisle we find Croustibat brand "Crousti Balls" which we always thought was something we experienced after a long hot day in the
tour van.

No comments: