Saturday, January 28, 2006

"The journey of a thousand miles...

...starts with that first, lurching stumble."

I first heard of th' Blog thing only a couple of years ago and by then I had been doing what turns out to be pretty much the same thing on my "Dispatches From The Road" page of my partners' site:
www.jennykerr.com wherein I would set forth semi-regular entries describing daily life on each tour. These really only amounted to longish captions under selected photos, taken of various mundane happenings from the tour van, onstage and elsewhere and were originally intended to be just a little scrapbook kind of thing for our own amusement. It soon turned out, though, to be the most visited page on the site due, I'm sure, to the Pulitzer-level photography and my witty, sparkling prose.

This, then, will be an attempt to tighten things up a bit, make it more regular and expand it to include the recording process, as well as cooking, dating and hunting tips, gossip and name-dropping, road survival, gigging tips and all manner of anecdotal advice on being an International Americana/Roots-Rock Ambassador of Musical Good-Will in a part of the world (i.e. everywhere) where your president is as hated as your music is loved.

Peace,
Philbillie

No comments: